Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Number 5--Volcano

My son and I bought a volcano kit at the local Border's bookstore--which gives educators discounts by the way. The kit has a light plastic frame, tube, cement mixing powder, baking soda and bottle. We mixed the cement and poured it over the frame. My son wasn't too thrilled about the experiment until he remembered that he had small army guys that he could place along the incline. So now, we have army men climbing and shooting around the volcano. We have fences and trees around as well--once his imagination got going he had a lot of fun! Tomorrow we are going to expode the volcano---I am sure the army men are going to pay the price for our fun! Just a side note--isn't it amazing where army men end up? I have found them in my washer and dryer, they have been found hiding behind picture frames, under my bed, in the bathrooms. Army men are certainly great travelers--talk soon, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment