Sunday, January 25, 2009

Numbers 1 and 2!!!

I can't believe I woke up thinking about trying something new today, it helps that I had something planned the night before but I see I am going to be on my toes to have something new everyday. As a note, the picture on my blog is of our dog Saul, a little shitzu that is amazing, I highly recommend this bread--no shedding, easy going, loves to play or sit still, has one black eye and one blue eye, what isn't there to love?

Number 1-Well, really yesterday was the first day of something new because I blogged for the first time ever. I am not computer savvy but it was sooooooooooo easy!!! If any of you have thought of creating a blog but have worried it was difficult please take the challenge and try it--I honestly get confused on copy and paste but got this down and so can you too!

Number 2- My new thing for today was to make shortbread cookies. My in-laws just found out they were Scottish-all this time prior thinking they were English. This was my reasoning in trying a Scottish recipe. I think I either don't like shortbread cookies or I had a poor recipe. If any of you have a great recipe please send it over, I am willing to try it one more time. Fortunately there are so many recipes and foods that I love, that I really don't need another new favorite. In light of having a poor recipe I thought I would share two old time favorite recipes from today that I did make and they were great--perhaps you all can try one of these as your new something today! Hope you enjoy-

Quiche Lorraine
Pie crust--either homemade or store bought--not baked
Bacon--amount to taste, browned and cut into small pieces
4 large eggs *
chopped red pepper amt. to taste*
chopped onion amt. to taste*
1 1/2 t. dijon mustard*
pepper to taste*
1 cup cheddar cheese* or montery jack
1 1/4 cup milk*-I used fat free

Layer cooked bacon onto bottom of crust. Mix all * and pour into crust. Bake 375 for 30-35 minutes till center is slightly wiggly.

Banana Cinnamon Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour+
2 1/2 t baking powder+
1/2 t salt+
1/2 cup sugar+

1 large egg
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup cinnamon chips (these chips are seasonal in the Midwest so I stock up on them)

Combine + ingredients in large bowl. Add all other ingredients to dry mixture. Stir till just moist. Spoon into greased cupcake pan or mini cupcake pans Bake 400 for 15-18 min.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes or 3 dozen mini cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment